Monday, January 19, 2009

Siddha Herbs Frequently Used

Siddha maruthuvam or Siddha vaithiyam is the process of using herbs and minerals as prescribed in the Siddha manuscripts to treat various diseases.

Given below are some frequently used Siddha herbs.

Arugampul
Adathoda
Ginger
Lemon
Oridhazh Thamarai
Akkirakaaram
Aloe Vera
Karisalankanni
Cumin seeds
Basil
Curry leaves
Kumkum (saffron)
Kizhanelli
Kuppaimeni
Jaadhikkai
Siriyanangai
Amman pacharisi
Amukkura
Thoothuvalai
Sirukurinjan
Seenthil
Nanjaruppaan
Nilaavaarai
Vallarai
Vettiver

I will dwell upon the remedies that can be prepared using these herbs as well as their uses in subsequent posts. These herbs are available online too. Check the genuineness of the companies before buying them.

The list of frequently used Siddha herbs will continue.

Technorati Tags:, , , ,

2 comments:

Jen Kumar said...

Hi. I am eager to know how to use vetiver, especially the form in essential oil. We don't get the grass plant where I live. Thanks!

Ayurvedic Home Remedies said...

Hi Jennifer,

I have contacted my cousin who works in an extraction plant in Coimbatore regarding this. He is yet to get back to me with details. I will let you know in a couple of days.